Posted on January 13, 2011 by Colleen
Lemony Lamb Ragu
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning (such as McCormick)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 lamb shanks (about 3 pounds), excess fat removed
4 small leeks, rinsed, trimmed, white and light-green parts thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
8 ounces cholesterol-free egg noodles (such as No Yolks)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon zest, Greek seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub over lamb shanks.
2. Place lamb shanks in slow cooker and sprinkle leeks around them. Pour 1/4 cup of the broth and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice over shanks. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
3. Remove shanks to a cutting board and let cool. Shred meat with fingers or two forks and set aside.
4. Strain liquid in slow cooker into a fat separator and pour de-fatted liquid into a medium-size saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1/4 cup broth, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cornstarch. Whisk cornstarch mixture into liquid and boil for 1 minute or until thickened. Cover and keep warm.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook noodles according to package directions, about 11 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add lamb meat and sauce, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Filed under: Recipes | Tagged: crock pot, lamb, main dish, pasta, slow cooker | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 1, 2010 by Colleen
My work has kept me extra busy lately and with Easter this sunday (we are having lamb, cooked on the rotesseri if you are wondering) and me working in a Bakery we are even more busy than normal. And where do I turn to for dinner on a busy work day?
And like so many working mothers juggling work, daycare, house work and all the rest of life’s little to do jobs I love my Crock Pot.
So I thought I should stock up on some recipes to try and at the right time I got an e-mail with a bunch of slow cooker recipes in there. So here is my to try list….please, if you have some good recipes post them, I’m always looking for something to cook in there.
All of these recipes will be posted on my recipe page for you to look at.
Spicy Turkey Lasagna
Turkey & Curried Vegetables
Sausage and Peppers
Slow-Cooked Chicken Stroganoff
Nacho Cheese Chicken Chowder
Thai Coconut Chicken
Slow-Cooker Chicken with Cashews
Italian Turkey Meatloaf
Lemony Lamb Ragu
Beef with Mushrooms and Red Wine
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Spiced Shredded Beef Brisket
Asian Beef Stew
Slow-Cooker Cajun Pork Sandwiches
Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Pork Roast
Honey Barbecue Ham with Roasted Potatoes
Pork Ragu with Pasta
Plum-glazed Pork Loin
Pork Roast with Peach Sauce
Sausage & Potatoes
Easy Salmon and Bok Choy
Red Beans and Rice
Chilled Red Pepper Soup
Indian-Spiced Yellow Split Pea Soup
Fennel Braised with Artichokes
Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding
Sour Cherry Rice Pudding
Filed under: Recipes | Tagged: beef, chicken, crock pot, dessert, fish, lamb, main dish, planning ahead, pork, recipe, side dish, slow cooker, turkey | Leave a comment »