Green Curry Shrimp
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared green curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (thin green beans) or regular green beans
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, cleaned and deveined (about 24)
- Lime wedges and fresh basil, for garnish
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add curry paste and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add green beans, red pepper and carrots. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender. Nestle shrimp into liquid and cook for about 3 minutes, turning shrimp in liquid, halfway through cooking time. Turn off heat and cover until ready to serve.
4. Serve with rice and wedges of lime. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Original Link :http://www.parents.com/recipe/vegetables/green-curry-shrimp/